BCS Foundation Certificate in Organisational Behaviour
What is the BCS Foundation Certificate in Organisational Behaviour training course?
The BCS Foundation Certificate in Organisational Behaviour will teach you the fundamental principles of Organisational Behaviour, as well as an insight into the complex factors shaping the way that organisations operate today, all via our online training platform.
This online course also covers the principles of organisational design, operating models, group and individual performance, culture, and behaviour, and will teach you about key principles of finance at business and project level.
Is this training suitable for me?
The BCS Foundation Certificate in Organisational Behaviour is ideal for individuals looking to gain a general understanding of the structure, operation, and behaviour of organisations from the comfort of their own home or office.
If you are currently a Business Analysts, Business Manager, or working in Business Change, this training would be beneficial to you, as well as to those who are either seeking a new career, or looking to complete the BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis.
Course Details, Syllabus & Exams
After this online training course, you can demonstrate an understanding of Organisational Behaviours in the following areas:
- Organisational Principles – delivering value, structure, budgets, jobs, management, and rules
- Operating models – structures and boundaries
- Organisational motivation, behaviour, and culture
- Group formation, dynamics, and networks
- Principles of financial reporting – balance sheet, income statement, cash flow, costing, and pricing
- Project finance – costs and benefits, payback, discounted cash flow
Organisational Behaviour Syllabus
- Organisational Principles (17.5%)
- Delivering value
- Organisation structuring
- Budgets and departmentalised businesses
- Describe types of jobs
- Describe line management, staff, and functional relationships
- Explain formalisation of rules and procedures
- Explain centralisation v decentralisation
- Operating models (15%)
- Explain organisation structures and their characteristics
- Recognise organisational boundaries
- Organisational motivation, behaviour, and culture (20%)
- Explain organisational motivation (OMG business motivation model)
- Describe the Organisational Behaviour Field Map
- Explain organisational effectiveness and the balanced scorecard
- Group formation (10%)
- Explain groups and group dynamics
- Describe formal and informal groups
- Principles of financial reporting (20%)
- Describe statement of financial position (balance sheet)
- Explain income and expenditure (income statement, profit and loss account)
- Describe cash flow
- Explain costing and pricing
- Project finance (17.5%)
- Describe the rationale for and the techniques used for evaluating a financial case.
- Discounted Cash Flow /Net Present Value
- Internal Rate of Return (IRR)
Organisational Behaviour Exam Format
Type – Multiple choice
Number of questions – 40
Duration – 60 minutes
Supervised – Yes
Open Book – No
Pass mark – 26/40 (65%)
Delivery – Digital or paper based
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above
Safari 6 or above