BCS Practitioner Certificate in Requirements Engineering (Virtual Classroom)
What is the BCS Practitioner Certificate in Requirements Engineering
The BCS Practitioner Certificate in Requirements Engineering was developed to provide delegates with the experience and knowledge to understand a range of approaches, concepts, and techniques in engineering clear and concise requirements.
This course consists of a disciplined approach to defining and categorising requirements effectively and teach you how to use the correct set of practices and processes to support business and I.T. solutions for your organisation.
This course is one of the four modules required to be complete by you before you can earn your BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis, alongside the Practitioner Certificate in Business Analysis Practice, Practitioner Certificate in Modelling Business Processes and either the Foundation Certificate in Business Analysis, or the Foundation Certificate in Commercial Awareness.
Is this training suitable for me?
This course would suit current Business Analysts, or those looking for a career change into this role. It would also be beneficial to individuals who are currently Business Managers, Business Change Managers, Project Managers, or Consultants and Contractors.
Why choose to study this course with us
With over 16+ years’ experience in this field, we have been able to refine our overall processes, and select the best trainers to deliver this training. In that time, we have trained over 555,000 delegates globally, which has helped offer the highest quality training.
By refining our processes, partner relationships, and course materials, we can offer the best training options, whether it’s a Classroom, Virtual Classroom, or Online via our eLearning platform.
You will also benefit from:
- Fast-track your learning with our 3-day Virtual Classroom
- Enhance your career prospects
- Learn from expert trainers, with vast experience in this field
- 0% APR Finance options available
What job could I get with this qualification?
Delegates who complete this training can move into a range of job roles, like Consulting, Project Management, or Strategy Planning. We do find that delegates typically take this course to go into the following roles:
- Business Analysis - £43k
- Business Architecture - £65k
- Enterprise Architecture - £92k
Course Details, Syllabus & Exams
Over the 3-day course you will immerse yourself in how to elicit, analyse, validate, manage, and fully document requirements to an international standard.
- The Requirements Engineering framework; the issues and rationale in a business context; the application of the framework
- The hierarchy of requirements
- Roles and responsibilities of key stakeholders in the Requirements Engineering framework
- Requirements elicitation
- Requirements modelling
- Requirements documentation
- Requirements analysis
- Requirements validation
- Requirements management
Syllabus and Exam weighting
- Introduction to Requirements Engineering – 5%
- Hierarchy of Requirements – 10%
- Stakeholders in the Requirements Process – 5%
- Requirements Elicitation – 20%
- Use of Models in Requirements Engineering – 10%
- Requirements Documentation – 15%
- Requirements Analysis – 20%
- Requirements Validation – 5%
- Requirements Management – 10%
- Duration – 60 minutes
- Supervised – Yes (via Proctor)
- Open Book – No
- Pass Mark – 26/40
After the advice given by the Government, NHS and WHO, we have taken the appropriate measures to ensure the safety of all our delegates attending our classrooms and events. This has been, and always will be, our number one priority.
We wanted to reassure you that all our scheduled classrooms and events will still be running. However, we will be now be offering them Virtually.
This decision to move all learning to Virtual and to offer support remotely has been taken to protect delegates and trainers. This allows delegates to continue their learning and for trainers to maintain the same level of service.
Because the situation is changing daily, we will do our best to provide you with the most up-to-date information, and this will be communicated via our website or email.
For anyone with queries regarding classrooms you are about to attend, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 02 3198 7706.
Please stay safe.