ITIL® Intermediate Level - Service Design (SD) Exam
In an age where technology is rife, it’s imperative that a business’ IT service is up to date. Otherwise, the organisation could easily fall behind and falter due to a poor IT service. This is why infrastructures like ITIL® need to be part of the IT backbone, so that a business can continually develop, improve and implement a service that will aid its productivity and keep output at a maximum.
Design a Better Service
Passing this exam will ensure students understand the service design process, and its principles, purpose and processes. As an IT professional, it is your job to ensure the IT services that are a fundamental part of the business, are in full working order and continue to meet the demands of service users. By completing this unit, you’ll be another step closer to ensuring success at every turn.
Combine with Other Modules
Found within the Service Lifecycle selection of units, Service Design is a core module for anyone wishing to delve into the architecture of IT services and processes, and how they are designed to ensure an organisation’s needs are fully met. If students wish to learn more about the ins and outs of each particular process, there are further modules within the Service Capability work stream which can provide them with an advanced and comprehensive understanding of the ITIL® framework. We have all the examinations ready for when a student is ready to sit them.
Key Learning Points
As part of the Service Lifecycle category of ITIL® modules, completion of this exam is worth 3 credits which can be put towards the minimum 17 that are needed to progress to the MALC module and examination, and on to becoming IT expert level qualified.
The service design module is best suited to IT professionals, particularly those in the following fields: IT operations managers, IT service desk managers and IT consultants. It’s based primarily around the improvement of quality and efficiency of the IT services that professionals provide for their business and organisation. By the time students are ready to sit this 90-minute exam, they will be able to:
- Get to grips with some of the best practice principles that are needed to design a service that meets the needs of a business and its service users.
- Learn some of the processes that are needed during the service design process and learn how to address any issues faced, prior to deployment.
- Use relevant technology which can assist with IT service design and delivery.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities required to create a team which can properly manage the service design and delivery process.
- Learn how to assess performance and ensure that the service design and delivery stages are as efficient as possible.
Advantages of this course
- Sit the exam at a time that is convenient to you – web based delivery means you can revise and complete the exam whenever you like.
- Results are ready immediately after completion of the exam, so there is no need to sit around and wait for them!
- Compatible for a number of popular devices and is operational across various operating systems and browsers.
- Technical support is available, in case you need any help at any time.
- Improve your CV and your personal skillset with an industry-recognised qualification that is used across the board.
- Choose to use the awarded credits to put towards the 17 required to take the MALC exam, and further progression to expert level status.
- Pick and choose your ITIL® pathway, so that you don’t have to learn information that isn’t related to your particular job role.
- Become more knowledgeable about service design, and apply your enhanced expertise to your job role, thus increasing productivity and providing an IT service your organisation will be proud of.
The ITIL® Intermediate SD Exam is available in the following languages:
- Castilian Spanish
Prove your new-found knowledge of service design, by completing this reputable ITIL® Intermediate Level exam, and take an essential step towards full ITIL® qualification.
The ITIL® exams are delivered by e-Careers, an Approved Examination Organisation (AEO) and our official partner.
|2.4 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Min. Screen Resolution|
|1024 x 768|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above
Safari 6 or above